Local

Re: D&D Campaign 2: D&D Harder

Post by Wrathbone » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:03 am

Anything but Friday for me.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:50 am

So, I'm guessing no session today/this week?

What do people think about potentially setting up a Whatsapp group for the five of us, just to make it a bit easier/quicker to confirm days?

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:54 am

I'm assuming no game today, but I'll be available if there's a last minute change.

I don't actually use Whatsapp but I'll cave and install it if it's easier for everyone. ;)

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:04 pm

Works for me.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:13 pm

Still got my plans for tonight unfortunately.

I'd be up for a Whatsapp group though, would certainly make life easier.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:17 pm

Cool, well I'm happy to set up the group and invite you guys, if you want to PM your mobile nos? Pete will need to download the app as well!

Mantis, maybe send me Bird's as well? Not sure how often he checks the forum...

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:47 pm

We're all set up now Raid, so pop your number over when you get a chance

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:52 am

As promised, here's a summary of the info dump from Yvalna's notes:
Yvalna the Bright had grave concerns about Aldus’s decision to join the Nightwind Agency. She believes they are mere pawns in a much more sinister plot, which she has dedicated a lot of time to investigating through research and divination.

She has detected an increase in magical activity at nodes across the world, which appear to align with ancient stone circles. She also detected other minds observing these sites from afar, and she speculates that major arcane institutions such as the Arcaneum and the Mystral Tower, or “even that old goat Frieglick”, must surely be aware of them.

She believes Aldus’s cowardice has led them astray and that with the death of Danrick the Red (who kept Aldus in check), the only voice he will now pay attention to is that of the vicious moron, Marilee, who “hasn’t realised these past five years that she carries a helm of immense magical power, and I’m not about to illuminate her.” Yvalna is planning to abandon Aldus and learn the roots of what is going on across the continent, particularly with regards to the stone circles.

Among her notes is a map of the Splinter Peak mountains near Fletcher’s Pass, and an area in the mountains is marked out with the note FALSE TREE? What did the elves of old know? Who was this First God?

The most recent entries in her journal detail how she advised Aldus to take the fort as his base of operations because she had learned of an ancient tomb nearby that she wants to secretly research: the Tomb of the Magister King, a terrible figure from legend who was said to hold knowledge to rival even the gods, such that he could accurately answer any question posed to him. He is said to have been betrayed by those closest to him, trapping him in the tomb while he was still alive, along with his greatest treasures, cursed to linger there in undeath for eternity.

Yvalna has drawn a map of the area, marking a secluded point in the hills about 15 miles to the north of the fort as the likely location of the tomb. Her notes state that she intends to learn the name of the ‘First God’, as the elves of old placed great importance in names. She also states that “only death will open the doors to the tomb”.
May as well post a couple of other bits from the tomb. This was what the ghost Alanna said before she kicked off:
Another comes. It has been so long… I was his apprentice, Alanna. I could have acted sooner, killed him in his sleep, persuaded him back to reason, but instead I waited. I still loved him, but he could not return that love. He could not reconcile the unintended horrors to which he doomed his wife. He was consumed with regret. Perhaps you will deem him deserving of the death we denied him, but I cannot. I too regret. I regret that I bound myself to this place and cannot let you free him.
And this is what the Songblade sang to Farley:
Do you hear my song,
Young Farley, young Farley?
There are tales we must tell,
Do not tarry, do not tarry!
The Songblade am I,
Seeking those gone awry,
So that songs of their deaths I may carry.

It was here that the great bard
Rithlaine, Rithlaine,
Sought an evil to end
But was slain, was slain.
I beg thee, avenge her,
And then may we venture
To seek out both fortune and fame!

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:08 am

Thanks WB!